Saturday, September 26, 2009

Living Earth

I live in age when a lot of secrets and unexpected facts are revealing. Each day I'm being surprised by a new thing. Every day I understand that fairytales may become reality someday when certain conditions are available, or are reality now, or have been reality some time ago. And maybe some assumptions and fantasies of mine are reality at this moment. I allow them to exist, to be reality in my life!

When I was a little boy I was told on Earth there are living and non-living nature. Organisms are the living part and the stones are non-living. Later, when I studied soils things got somewhat stirred because it happened that the soil belt is both living and non-living. But if you are tenacious enough, you may succeed in separating the living components (microbes, algae, roots) from died components (decayed organisms or parts of them) and non living (sand). However it became clear to me that it is a complex, system, aggregate - the soil, as well as the whole ecosystem.

There is no doubt that human is living part. In his body however there are tissues that are quite static and non-changeable in time. After they grow, the bone cells don't grow anymore, they just exist. Teeth either. They are solid. They sleep. They are deeply asleep and wouldn't wake up. Other cells are pretty active. Skin cells are awake, never ceasing to reproduce. Red blood cells even live only a month or two. So, the man consists of many active parts that lasts short time and a number of inactive parts that lasts much longer. And there was times that nobody knew that or nobody thought about that.

I'm leaving the human world for a while. My mind fly up. I'm not a man anymore. I look towards the Earth. The outer parts are quite awake and active. I can see that some of her cells live about 70-80 years, some live only 20 minutes, some remains unchanged for ages. I can see some moving with a speed of 1000 kilometers per hour, but some moves only 5 centimeters per year. I can see some liquids are cold and diluted and flows on the surface, but I can see hot and thick liquids beneath the surface.

The Earth is one living organism. Nothing in our world is dead. There is only degrees of sleep and awake. Lowlands are deeply in sleep. Mountains are slightly awake compared to them as they are risen a bit. And humans are just erythrocytes living only a month, submerged in blood, witnessing only the blood system, not allowed to get out of it for now. But as the human is not only a blood system, so the Earth is living and full of wonderful things that we are not able to be first hand witnesses of...

These thoughts are inspired by the song "The Joy of the Earth", part of the PanEuRhythmy (my translation is quite poor and un-poetic, sorry!):
Whole Earth jubilates
and rejoice inside her heart
and runs on her way
like a beloved virgin.

She is longing for the Sun
and strives towards him,
He caresses her from far away
and kisses her with beams.
She is delighted and sings to him:

"O, Sun of my life,
I'm flying, flying towards you
on and on and full of joy.
Rivers flow, springs are gushing clean,
peaks white of snow,
in pink radiance,
you are pouring over abundantly with loving endearments."
All PanEuRhythmy songs in Bulgarian can be heard on this page.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts and nothing of the loveliness of the song is lost in you translation.

    Life is magic, more than we humanly can imagine or dream and if we open ourselves to it we will continue to make wonderful discoveries of mind, body and soul.


    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete